Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spokeo?
Spokeo is the most comprehensive People Search Engine in the US. Our unique technology and proprietary algorithms combine offline directory and demographic data with the most complete online social data set in the world. Spokeo allows the user flexibility to search for anyone by Name, Phone Number, Email Address or Online Username. Our technology has been featured in Newsweek, the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, and USA Today, among others. For more information, please visit our About page.
Why Become a Spokeo Affiliate?
Our team is dedicated to helping you succeed.
- 75% Commission – No other People Search site offers a higher commission to their affiliates.
- High Brand Recognition – Spokeo has built a nationally recognized brand. We have earned an A rating from the BBB and our customer service is second to none.
- 60 day cookie – Longest duration cookie in the industry. Perfect to make sure you get every customer you refer including the ones that need more time to browse and compare. When they are ready to purchase our subscription we think you should benefit as well.
- Support – Our dedicated affiliate team and world-class engineering staff is here to help you, email us anytime through the Contact page.
- Banners That Convert – We are continuously testing and updating our banner inventory to ensure that you are getting the highest converting, highest quality creatives that add function and monetization to your site. Have an idea for a new banner? Let us know.
How Much Does it Cost to "Be a Spokeo Affiliate?
Nothing! It's totally free.
How Much is The Commission Rate?
75%! We looked (believe us, we looked), and this is one of the highest commission rates out there. Other People Search sites don’t come close. We work hard and we know you do too, so we want to reward you for it.
How Much Can I Make?
There is no limit on earnings. The more you drive traffic, the more you can earn.
How Does it Work?
Here’s how it works: a visitor to your website--we’ll call him “Ricardo”--notices that fancy-looking Spokeo banner you put there just this morning. Ricardo is intrigued, as he has been trying to find a college roommate’s Facebook/lost uncle’s address/old colleague’s email address/second cousin’s first name (he only knows the cousin as “the one who ate 7 Sloppy Joe’s at the family reunion”). Ricardo enters a name, email, phone number or username into the search fields. Ricardo is redirected to Spokeo, and is prompted to purchase one of our Premium subscriptions. He is dying to know some of that precious information, and knows we can help. The moment he purchases that subscription, our sophisticated Affiliate tracking software makes a note that it was you who referred him, and you get 75% of the sale.
What’s the Action Referral Period?
Say that Ricardo noticed that fancy-looking Spokeo banner you placed on your website, was intrigued and clicked, but before purchasing realized that he left his credit card at the coffee shop; he panics, shuts down his laptop, and starts running at a fully-caffeinated speed back to retrieve it. 60 days later, he suddenly remembers Spokeo, and decides to buy a subscription. Guess what? You still get the 75% commission. Spokeo Affiliate Program offers you a 60-day cookie, more than twice our industry’s average.
How Do I Get Started?
It’s easy: simply go to the Affiliates page and log in. Once logged-in you can choose from our nifty array of banners and text ads. Pick the one you like (or customize it), and simply copy and paste the code into your website. Voilà!
How Can I See What I've Earned?
You can check-up on your stats anytime by logging in to your account Dashboard. Our reporting software records every click and sale, so that you can see how you’re doing.
When Do I Get Paid?
Payments are sent via check within 30 days of the close of the month. If the total commissions for a given month are less than $50, those commissions will be grouped with the next month until the total reaches $50.
What About Returns/Cancellations?
Spokeo pays out on "net" sales, so if a customer is issued a refund, commissions are adjusted accordingly.
Who Do I Contact if I Have Questions/Need Assistance?
We are committed to providing excellent support in the timeliest fashion. Our dedicated affiliate manager, Patrick, is always there to help. If you have any questions, concerns, or chocolate chip cookie recipes, feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’d love to hear from you.